Friday, August 10, 2018

Decoupaging a Light Switch Wall Plate

Recently, I found a great tutorial on how to transform an ordinary light switch wall plate into a beautiful frame that can be used as an embellishment piece on the cover of your notebook or journal. I thought it was brilliant (no pun intended....get it?....light=brilliant). Anyway, I gave it a try and was so happy with the results, I thought I would share it.
I started with a 3" plate with a rectangle opening


Besides the plate, you will need some Mod Podge, and either light weight paper with words, or music notes, some decorative tissue paper or printed napkins. I used pages from an old book, and napkins I found at Tuesday Morning. The napkins are 3 ply and I peel away the 2 plies in the back so I am left with just the sheer front part of the napkin.

I used a piece of tape to pick up the white backing of the napkin


After that I simply painted the Mod Podge onto the front of the plate and carefully applied the napkin. I will include the link to the tutorial I used at the end of this post. I think I should warn you that these things are very addictive to create. Once you make one, you will want more. Here are some of my finished projects.




Listed below are some ideas to use these projects.

  • Mounted on a piece of wood to make a unique collage of pictures
  • Christmas ornaments using holiday themed paper
  • Instead of pics, you can mount small charms, or even inspirational quotes to give as gifts
  • And the most obvious, use them as light switch plates to match any room decor:)
Anyhoo, this was just a short post on my latest project. Hope you enjoyed. Check out the tutorial for these plates on: https://youtu.be/WlMIwaZ5HYc


 Also, check out some of my other projects in my Etsy Store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/LovePaperHugs

No comments:

Post a Comment